The Optimum downrigger is compatible with the Fish Hawk X4D Bluetooth system (requires both the LCD display panel and underwater probe). For additional information on pairing and networking your Optimum, see the article Pairing and Networking the Optimum or click the button below for step by step instructions.
Fish Hawk X4D System
The Fish Hawk X4D System helps you troll smarter by showing you data directly at your trolling weight. The X4D probe connects to your downrigger cable above the weight and wirelessly transmits the depth, temperature, and speed at your weight to the LCD display. Pair it with your Cannon Optimum electric downrigger to see that data directly on your downrigger, Humminbird, or the mobile app.
Full System is required including:
-Transom mount transducer
-Fish Hawk Probe
Trolling Data Available
When the Fish Hawk X4D is paired to the Optimum, you can see your trolling data right from the Optimum screen, the cannon mobile app, or your Humminbird fish finder.
See the exact depth of your trolling weight.
Know the water temperature at your bait presentation.
See how fast your weight is moving in real time.
Pairing the Optimum and Fish Hawk
The Fish Hawk must be paired with the designated Bluetooth master downrigger and the Fish Hawk x4 D display must be used.
- Power on the master downrigger by pressing the power button on the downrigger keypad.
- Power on the Fish Hawk x4 D display by pressing the power button.
- Once powered on the display will continually transmit and wait for another device to be connected.
- On the master downrigger, press the menu button twice to bring up the settings menu on the LCD screen from the settings menu.
- Use the down button to scroll to the Bluetooth selection and press the right arrow key to open the Bluetooth menu.
- From the Bluetooth menu use the down arrow button to scroll to pair Fish Hawk.
- Select the right arrow key to continue.
- Optimum's LCD will display a pair Fish Hawk screen use the right arrow key to confirm you want to pair to the Fish Hawk.
- While the downrigger is actively searching for a Fish Hawk, a pairing Fish Hawk message will display on the LCD screen.
- Once the pairing is successful a confirmation screen will appear and the Fish Hawk is now successfully paired.
- Once the downrigger is paired to the Fish Hawk, both need to be powered on to sustain communication. Both will also automatically pair once they are powered on.
- If you wish to remove the Fish Hawk from pairing or assign a new master downrigger you must clear the network on the downrigger and re-pair with the new master downrigger.
- Fish Hawk Integration
- How to Pair Cannon Optimum Downrigger to a Fish Hawk X4D Video